Evacuation chute systems from VIKING’s are the ideal solution for high sided passenger vessels. High capacity passenger vessels need evacuation systems that deploy quickly and easily and provide fast, safe evacuation of all on board within 30 minutes. The fully enclosed chute lined with DuPont™ Kevlar® is fire retardant and protects evacuees from severe weather conditions during descent and compensates for ship and sea movement during evacuation for safe transfer into the system life rafts.
VIKING Systems are compact and discreet, require minimum deck space
Chute systems are specially designed to maximise deck space and sea view during storage. The VEC can be installed anywhere on board; on open deck, between decks in an open recess or built into the ship’s side. Additional life-rafts can be stored in remote locations and released by pump at the evacuation point. The compact nature allows for fast and easy removal for servicing.
SOLAS requirements are minimum standards for VIKING
VIKING systems are tried and tested for capacity and stability in conditions at least matching, but often well above, those required for certification.
- Evacuation capacity: 565 people in 30 minutes, or 317 in 17 min 40 sec (HSC)
- Installation heights from 5 to 20 metres
- Easy to deploy
- Requires few crew to operate and little specialised training
- Fewer inflatable components mean reduced servicing costs
- Complies with all international regulations
- Available with 2 or 3 high capacity 101 man liferafts
- SOLAS emergency pack A or B
- Reinforced chute with DuPont™ Kevlar® for evacuee protection