It is a widely accepted concept that kitchen is the heart of a home. It is no surprise that cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home-fire injuries in India and around the world. Unfortunately, many households overlook common kitchen-fire hazards. This article looks into the causes and suggests methods to prevent kitchen fire.
One-third of all house fires starts in the kitchen and is caused by someone leaving cooking unattended or submitting to a distraction while cooking. Appliances used for food preparation have the potential to cause a fire, whether they are electric-operated or gas-operated. In some instances, electrical wires can fray, gas leaks can occur, and inappropriate containers in the microwave oven can ignite. So the knowledge of kitchen-fire safety is crucial.
(Read the full article in the December Issue of Safety Messenger Magazine)